Table of Contents Show
Android devices are not only limited to the Google Account, but you can also add Personal Email Accounts, Email from other service providers like Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, and more. This tutorial is focused on how to set up Outlook account on Samsung phones. Smartphones are the most convenient way to access Emails compare to computers or web browsers. All you need to do is complete the one time set up to add the Outlook Account on Samsung S20, S10, Note 10, or on any Samsung phone, and access the emails anytime anywhere.
On top of that, your Samsung phone lets you add as many as Email accounts, plus these steps can be used to set up POP3 and IMAP accounts too, with a little change, but that’s not an issue. Keep note that, the process to add set up Outlook email on Samsung S20, S10, S9, Note 10, Tab S6, etc remains the same.
How to Add Outlook to Samsung S20, S10, Note 10, Tab S6
Prefer any of the below methods to add the account on your phone, whichever is convenient to you.
Method 1: From the Email App
- Unlock the phone.
- Swipe up the screen to access App Drawer.
- Locate the Samsung folder, and open the Email app.
- If you can’t find the Email app in the Samsung folder, search directly from the search bar.
- Choose Exchange.
- Enter the Email ID and Password to add Outlook Exchange Account on Samsung.
- Now, tap Manual setup.
- Type the Username and then the Exchange server status.
- Hit Sign in.
- When Apply security settings pop-up comes up, tap Apply.
- Read all the on-screen instructions and Activate
This is it! You’ve set up Outlook on Samsung. If you don’t see the emails, wait for a few minutes, the sync process takes some time.
Method 2: From Settings App
- Open the Settings app on the Samsung phone.
- Scroll down to Accounts and backup.
- Tap Accounts.
- Choose the type of account you want to set up (Yahoo, Personal POP3, etc from the list).
- Next, select the account type, in our case, go for Outlook.
- Fill up the details like Email, tap Next.
- Input Password, tap Next.
- You may be asked to enter the Username, Password, and Exchange server status..
- Follow the on-screen options such as review request permission, account configuration, give a name to the account, and more.