Gmail is pre-installed and one of the stable app in your device. But after re-writing the ID and password still receiving Gmail not responding on S20? Hence this issue is not bearable. Mainly it happens when you don’t access the Gmail account for few days and later you receive Gmail not working on S20. This disgusting behavior of Gmail is not tolerable. Don’ worry it can be a minor bug with an app or system.
In this post, we have mentioned all the possible workarounds that might fix Gmail not working on an Android device. So we recommend you to perform step by step below mentioned trick and verify that Gmail notifications not working on S20.
Gmail Not Loading on Samsung S20
Update the Gmail App
The first thing you need to do is update the g-mail app because for the device like Samsung it’s just an app and mainly the Android apps are bug decumbent. And the updates are released to make the app more advance and bug-free. So update it when going through G-mail not receiving email on S20 or any other issue.
- Navigate to Google Play Store.
- Tap Three-Dashed Line located on the left top corner.
- Select My Apps And Games.
- Search G-mail App in the list and tap Update if available.
- Else tap Update All.
Disable Airplane mode
There are chances where the airplane can be enabled accidentally on your device, which can lead to turning off all the network-related service on your device. So verify that the airplane mode on your device is turned off.
Clear the app’s data
One of the most effective and essential tricks to fix Gmail on S20. The cache is nothing but the temporary files used by the device to load the apps fast, so there are chances where these files can get corrupted. To clear data on your device follow the given below steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Search and hit Apps.
- Select G-mail from the listed apps.
- Touch Storage.
- Hit Clear Data.
- Lastly hit OK.
Enable automatic sync
Auto-sync allows you to share all your email across all the phone, mainly it’s turned ON automatically. But sometimes it might turn Off automatically, so turn on auto-sync on Samsung Galaxy S20.
- Navigate to G-mail App.
- Hit G-mail.
- Select Three Dot located on the upper left corner.
- Touch Settings.
- Tap your E-mail Address.
- Verify that Auto-Sync is turned on.
Check the filter
One of the most common reasons behind not receiving the email is filters. We have noticed that if the filters are not set properly then the mails are automatically going to All Mail or to the Spam folder. So we suggest you verify the filter setting on Samsung Galaxy S20, also we recommend neglecting filters to lead to blocking email flow. To manage filter on the android app follow the given below steps.
- Navigate to gmail.com in the PC browser.
- Go to Settings.
- Touch Filters & Blocked Addresses.
- Verify that is there is any filter redirecting your email, if yes then delete those filters.
Check the data server settings
Verify that the data saving aspect on your S20 is not turned on, because it allows the app to use the data to a certain limit. The only option to get rid of these is to remove the G-mail app from the data saving or turn off the data saving aspect.
- From the main screen, swipe up to access App Tray.
- Navigate to Settings Icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Search and hit Connection.
- Select Data Usage.
- Touch Data Saver.
- Find G-mail and turn off the toggle.
Re-sync your account
If none of the above-mentioned tricks works the only option is to re-sync your g-mail account on Samsung Galaxy S20.
- From the main screen navigate to Settings App.
- Search and hit Accounts.
- Select Gmail Account.
- Tap Remove Account and finally tap Confirm.
- Now head toward Gmail App.
- From the Account Settings and enable Account Sync if it’s disabled.
- Hit Message.
- Touch Manage.
- Tap Google Account.
- Lastly, select Add Account and sign up Google Account once again.
- How to Setup & Use Wi-Fi Calling on Samsung Phones?
- How to Check IMEI Number, Serial Number, and Model Number of Samsung Phone?
- Remove Data Usage Warning from Samsung S20
- Best Cases for Samsung Galaxy S20