Table of Contents Show
It seems like, finally, you’re moving from an old device to a new Samsung S23, S23 Plus, or S23 Ultra, and the very first question strikes in mind is how to transfer data from an old Samsung or iPhone to new Samsung S23 Ultra, S23 or S23 Plus? Transferring data from iPhone to Samsung is as easy and quick as transferring data from Samsung to Samsung. And the best part is with the below-mentioned method; you will be able to transfer each and every piece of data to a new device.
We’ll be using the Samsung Smart Switch app dedicatedly developed to transfer data from one phone to another, that too, without any wear and tear; within a few taps, you can get the job done. Let’s start.
How to Transfer Data from old Samsung/iPhone to Samsung S23 Ultra, S23, S23 Plus?
Method 1: Using Cable
The cable must sound outdated, but trust me, the transfer speed cable can give won’t be available with any wireless method. For that matter, you would need a USB-C to Lightning Cable or USB-A to Lightning Cable paired with an OTG Adapter. Just connect the lightning cable part in iPhone and USB-C to Samsung S23, S23 Plus, or S23 Ultra.
By default, Smart Switch Apps comes installed, but if you don’t find them, install them on Samsung S23, S23 Plus, or Samsung S23 Ultra.
- Launch Samsung Smart Switch App on your new Samsung device.
- Select Receive data.
- Tap on iPhone/iPad.
- The next screen will ask you to connect the new Samsung S23 and old iPhone with each other via Cable. As mentioned earlier, you would need USB-C to Lightning Cable or USB-A to Lightning Cable paired with an OTG Adapter.
- After connecting both devices with cable, you should see Trust This Computer pop-up on your iPhone. Anytime you connect your iPhone to a computer or other device, you will have to give permission from your iPhone to transfer the data to the new phone. Tap “Trust”.
- Now on your new Samsung S23, you should see what type of data can be transferred from the old iPhone to the new Samsung S23.
- Select All or choose one by one whichever you wish to copy, like Messages, Settings, Images, Home Screens, etc. Copying All data is recommended.
- Scroll down and tap Transfer to start the process.
- The copying process will take some time, depending on the data size.
Method 2: Using iCloud (Wirelessly)
You can also transfer data from iPhone to Samsung wirelessly. But this method comes with two limitations you won’t be able to transfer all the data, which can be done with the wired method, and the process of transferring is slower.
- Make sure the iPhone is backed up to iCloud.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on your name.
- Select iCloud.
- Scroll down to iCloud Backup and tap on it.
- Launch Samsung Smart Switch App.
- Tap Receive data and then select iPhone/iPad.
- Select Get data from iCloud instead; this option is in the end.
- Sign in to Apple account.
- Now select the data you wish to copy to Samsung S23.
- Tap Transfer.