Eventually, if you have Samsung S10 or S10 Plus then there is no need to insert SD card. However, if you have one and facing issues with Storage on Samsung S10 then there is no harm in inserting the SD card into the device. Keep note that, clean the SD card using reputed anti-malware or anti-virus software prior to installing the SD card. If you don’t, then there are high chances of receiving errors like Samsung S10 Not Detecting SD Card.
If you are the one who is facing Samsung S10 Not detecting SD card error then kindly follow the article and fix it. We have covered all the relevant solutions that might fix SD Card Not Detected error in Samsung S10 and S10 Plus.
- 1 Fix SD Card Not Detected Error in Samsung S10 and S10 Plus,
- 2 Solution 9: Buy New MicroSD Card
Fix SD Card Not Detected Error in Samsung S10 and S10 Plus,
Solution 1: Force Restart the Phone
First, try to refresh the system with simple force restart. With force restart, all the cache memory will get cleared and it may fix SD Card Not Detected Error in Samsung S10 Plus and S10.
- Hold down the Volume Down button and Power button until Maintenance Boot Screen appears.
- When Maintenance boot screen appears, choose Normal Boot. You can navigate through options using Volume Up and Down buttons.
Solution 2: Make Sure SD Card is working
If the SD card is not detected by Samsung S10, then the probable reason can be your SD card is corrupted. To make sure SD card is in working condition, insert the SD card into another smartphone and see if it is working or not. Alternatively, if you have SD card reader then insert it into the card reader and connect it to the laptop and verify its working condition.
Solution 3: Remove the SD card
Have you inserted the SD card properly in the SIM tray? If you don’t remember then you should remove the SD card and clean the tray along with SD card and insert it back. For that you would require an ejector tool, otherwise, any other tool could damage the device. Turn off the device and remove or SD card. Alternatively, you can also remove the SD card while the phone is on, but you need to unmount the SD card. Follow the below procedure to do it,
- Launch the Settings
- Locate and tap Storage.
- Tap More Options (Tap on three dots).
- Choose Storage Settings.
- Tap Unmount.
Eject SD Card from Samsung S10 and S10 Plus
- With the ejector tool remove the SD card tray.
- Remove the SD card.
- Check carefully, if the SD card is damaged or not.
- If not, then insert properly in the tray and push the tray.
Solution 4: Check SD card on Safe Mode
Checking SD card on Safe mode is to ensure that third-party application isn’t affecting the SD card. How to enter Samsung S10 and S10 Plus in safe mode? Look forward we have mentioned the whole procedure,
- Shut down the phone.
- Turn on the device by holding the Power button.
- When you see SAMSUNG, release the Power button and hold down the Volume Down button immediately.
- Don’t release the Volume Down button, until the phone gets boots up.
- Once the device is in the Safe mode, you will see the Safe mode written on the bottom-left corner of the display.
- Now, when you see Safe mode, release the Volume Down button.
- Put the device on Charge for at least 30 minutes.
If you see SD card is working normally then, congratulations you have solved half of the mystery of your SD card. Now, it’s time to uninstall the most recent applications that you have installed.
Solution 5: Format SD card
The best way to fix the corrupt SD card is to format it. When you format the SD card, all the data including corrupted files will get removed. It is similar to Restoring Phone to factory settings. Moreover, if you have a card reader then you can insert the card reader into Laptop and perform a reformatting of SD card.
- Open the Settings
- Tap Device Maintenance.
- Select Storage.
- Tap More Options.
- Go to Storage Settings.
- Choose SD card.
- Tap Format.
- Confirm formatting the SD card.
Solution 6: Reset App Preferences
Likewise, if any application is malfunctioning then Reset App Preferences can be helpful. It will make sure all the default apps are running perfectly.
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap Apps.
- Open More Settings, which is located on the top of the screen.
- Choose Reset App Preferences.
- Reboot the device.
Solution 7: Reset All Settings
Still, Samsung S10 Not Detecting SD card? Restoring all the settings to factory defaults can fix this issue. Don’t worry, your personal data will be safe, it only clears the Settings that you have customized.
- Go to the Settings
- Tap General Management.
- Choose Reset Settings.
- Tap Reset Settings.
- Enter the PIN and confirm Reset Settings.
Solution 8: Perform Factory Reset
The last option you have left is to factory reset the phone. Unfortunately, it will wipe out the device and delete every single file stored on the phone. And all the settings will get reverted.
- Open the Settings
- Find and tap General Management.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Factory Data Reset.
- Read the following information and confirm the Factory Reset.
Solution 9: Buy New MicroSD Card
Still no positive results? Now the last option left for you is to buy the new microSD card. We’ve prepared the list of Best MicroSD Card for Samsung S20 and S20Plus, but it will also work with S10 and S10Plus. Just make sure to check up to how much storage the SD card is supported in your device.