Table of Contents Show
What should I choose Bixby or Google Assistant for S10, S10 Plus, S10e? Same as the earlier Samsung Galaxy flagships devices, the newly launched Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus comes its own built-in assistant known as Bixby. However, the owners of Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus don’t like to use Bixby because some of the users like to use Google assistant or just device without an assistant. So the first thing comes to owners mind is How to disable Bixby Button?
Before taking any step on Disabling Bixby on Samsung S10, you must read on this article and decide what is best, Google Assistant or Bixby for Samsung S10, S10 Plus, and S10e.
Why use Google Assistant on Samsung S10/S10 Plus/S10e?
Basically, Google is now targeting smart home appliances like Google Home along with Smartphone. No offense, Google Home is quite a great speaker who listens to you and fulfill all of your demands in second. Alongside we have Google Home Hub too, which is as same as Google Home. Apparently, it is clear that Google is aiming your home and smart device and with the integration of Google Assistant on them, you can make Smart Home.
Thousands of people are using Google Assistant supported smart speakers, smart security cameras, etc. Mainly, they are also catching Music, Videos, TV Shows, Podcasts right on the Google Home and other smart speakers with the help of Google Assistant.
- Ask Google to launch Apps on your device.
- Google Assistant can do an Image search on your command.
- Take advice from Google about the best place to ear, drink or hang out.
- Make your vacation much better, taking help of Google Assistant to find you the best spot.
- Use it on Third-party applications like Netflix and set up your favorite shows to watch in a queue.
- Control Your Music with Google Assistant.
- Real-time spoken translations.
- Run timers and reminders.
- Send messages and make appointments.
- Control Google Assistant enabled smart appliances.
This was all about what Google Assistant can do on your smartphone.
How do you set up/launch Google Assistant on Samsung S10/S10+/S10e?
- Hold down the Home button to launch the Google Assistant.
- To go to the Personal Assistant screen, tap Continue.
- Select, “Yes, I’m in” and move forward and grant the required permissions.
Why should I use Bixby on my Samsung S10/S10+/S10e?
Out of all Personal Assistant, Bixby has its own feature. No doubt, there are uncountable Bixby haters are there in the world, who got Bixby disabled on Samsung S10 at the very first moment. However, Bixby isn’t that bad, just give a try to Bixby and see how it helps you. For instance, if you want to set routines, such as Turn On the Brightness or Lower down the Brightness automatically then ask Bixby, it will do it for you.
Thankfully, the Samsung S10 flagship has better updates related to Bixby. These include,
- Voice Unlock: To initiate a voice command, when the phone is locked, just say “Hi Bixby”.
- Upgraded Lens Mode in Bixby Version: This function is related to AR, which allows you to try things like Sunglasses, different Hair-styles to check how they will look at you. Other than that, it can play the trailer of the movie just by scanning the movie poster.
Besides, Samsung has declared the Bixby support on Google Applications like Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, etc. Currently, we are not sure that this feature will work on your device or not. Bixby is by default enabled on your Samsung phone, so there is no need to put a search through and enable it. But though, if you want to disable Bixby key on Samsung S10, then follow the stepwise guide and do it.
How to disable Bixby Button on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus/S10/S10e
Formally there is no method to disable Bixby Button, but there are few ways that can be performed to disable Bixby Button. Here is how to turn off Bixby Button on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
Before performing the task, check your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is log in to Samsung account. After the login process, here is how to turn off Bixby Button.
- From Main Screen, tap on a blank spot on the screen.
- Doing this will feature the Main screen get tinier and two more screens will appear.
- Scroll over to the Right Screen, where the Bixby Main Screen is placed.
- On the right top corner their presence of Slider with a blue sign.
- Tap on Slide to switch it off.
- The Bixby Main Screen should appear out, signing your success.
Now you are allowed to modify the settings on the Bixby Hardware Button which is present on the left part of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. It will make tough to access Bixby accidently.
- Navigate to App Tray.
- Hit Settings App.
- Then select Advanced Feature from the Settings Menu.
- Tap the Bixby Button.
- You will perceive that the Single Press to Open Bixby is ON.
- Tap Double Press to Open Bixby. By selecting Double Press you will require to double press on Bixby Hardware Button to access AI assistant.
Certainly, this doesn’t fully turn off Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, but it is quite closer to it.
Hopefully, you have come to the conclusion that what personal assistant is good for you, Google Assistant or Bixby. Let us know your thoughts on this!