Table of Contents Show
Can’t connect PS5 to Wi-Fi? No matter what the reason is, this troubleshooting guide will help you get over it and connect the PS5 to the internet. Sometimes, it’s hard to identify the major reason behind the network issues, whether it is a smartphone or a gaming console like PS5, however, trying a few basic tricks always fixes the problems.
Start with checking the Server Status of PS5 and if it is already working correctly, move to further workarounds.
Fix PS5 Wi-Fi Not Working | Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping on PS5
Check PSN Server
Before trying any solution, I’d strongly recommend you to check the PSN Servers. Sometimes, they are under maintenance, or due to outages, the PS5 won’t respond at all. In such cases, just verify the PSN Server and see if servers are down, then wait until they go live.
- Visit the Official PlayStation Network Service Status Page and check for the network outage.
- The alternate option is using a Third-Party tool called Down Detector to check for the PSN Server Status.
Reconnect PS5 to Wi-Fi Correctly/Test Internet Connection
The PS5 Console comprises of built-in internet testing feature that will find a network issue between the console and the Wi-Fi Router. Meanwhile, you can try to reconnect the console with Wi-Fi by entering the password correctly.
- Turn on the PS5.
- Go to the Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Test Internet Connection.
- Let the PS5 test your network connection.
- And if the test fails, reconnect PlayStation to Wi-Fi Network.
- Go back to the Settings on PS5.
- Select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Make sure to enter the correct Wi-Fi password.
Reboot PS5 and Wi-Fi Router
If Wi-Fi is working on other devices, and the PSN Servers are up, then restart the console and Wi-Fi modem. In most cases, this simply tricks fixes the Wi-FI issues on PS5. Many people leave the PlayStation in rest mode for a long time and later such network problem arises.
Connect Ethernet to PS5 Console
It seems like the problem is with the PS5 Console because the Wi-Fi is working flawlessly on other devices, except the PS5, all you can do is directly connect the Ethernet to the PS5 Console and see if it fixes the problem. There’s one more thing, keep the router and console closer, if you’re preferring a Wi-Fi connection.
Change DNS Settings on PS5
By default the DNS Settings are set to Automatic, however, it can be changed manually too, to deal with network-related problems. Here’s how to change DNS Settings on PlayStation.
- Power On PS5.
- Open Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the network.
- Go to Advanced Settings.
- Navigate to the DNS Settings.
- Select Manual.
- And type 126.96.36.199 in the Primary section and 188.8.131.52 in the Secondary section, most commonly used Google DNS.
Factory Reset PS5
Factory Reset is one last hope for you, it will delete all the saved games, data, and everything that is stored on your PS5 Console. After factory reset, set up the PS5 as new.
- Open the Settings on PS5.
- Select System.
- Select System Software.
- Go with Reset Options.
- Select Reset Your Console.
- Choose Reset.
Contact Internet Service Provider
One of the Redditor resolved the Wi-Fi not working issue on PS5 after contacting the ISP. It might be possible that your ISP has blocked the connection, if that’s the reason, contact them and elaborate on the problem.