Already taken a decision to switch from Android to iPhone? Not judging you! Android Phones, and especially Samsung devices are giving tough competition to Apple devices, never mind, Apple is no less. After all, there are some things that are better in iPhone, and in some cases, it is impossible to compete with Samsung. Before leaving the old phone, read this article to move contacts from Samsung to iPhone. Since we are dealing with two different operating systems, the processes were hectic earlier, however, with time, things have got sorted.
We’ve covered four different ways to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone. Keep reading the article to move contacts from Samsung to iPhone.
- 1 How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to iPhone
- 1.1 Method 1: Use Move to iOS App
- 1.2 Method 2: Use Google Sync
- 1.3 Method 3: Transfer using VCF File
- 1.4 Method 4: Use SIM Card
- 1.5 How do I transfer my contacts from Samsung to iPhone for free?
- 1.6 Can I transfer individual contacts from Android to iOS?
- 1.7 What is the easiest way to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone?
- 1.8 How many contacts can I store on my Google account?
- 1.9 How many contacts can I store on my iCloud account?
How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to iPhone
Method 1: Use Move to iOS App
- Download Move to iOS App on your Samsung and iPhone.
- Once installed, follow the on-screen instructions to set up the app.
- Select Move data from Android on iPhone and you’ll receive a code on iPhone, that you have to enter on your Samsung device.
- Connect Samsung to a temporary Wi-Fi Network created by iPhone.
- Select whatever you want to migrate.
- Tap Next.
- Type in the Security code and let the device finishes off the process.
Method 2: Use Google Sync
While Apple is a bit rude, and won’t extend its functionalities to Android, Google is totally the opposite. We’ll use Google Account to sync contacts from the Samsung device and later on the same will be synced to with iPhone.
Step 1: Turn On Google Sync for Contacts on Samsung
- Go to the Settings app.
- Search Google contacts sync.
- Enable Contacts Sync and wait for some time.
Step 2: Sign in with Google on iPhone
- Open the Settings App on iPhone.
- Scroll down to Accounts & Passwords.
- Add Google Account in iPhone if already not.
- Tap on Google Account, and enable Contacts.
Method 3: Transfer using VCF File
Another way to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone is using VCF File, while this process is manual but much straightforward than any other.
- Go to the Contacts app on your Samsung.
- Select All Contacts.
- Tap Share.
- Select Share via Gmail.
- Mail the file to yourself.
- Open Gmail on your iPhone.
- Tap on the contacts.vcf file and select the Share option.
- Choose the Contacts app and select Add All Contacts.
Method 4: Use SIM Card
An old traditional way to transfer contacts from one device to another is copying to SIM and importing it into another device. This is really helpful when you’re offline or can’t access your Google Account for some other reason.
However, this practice is being restricted by Google and now only a few android devices support it. But you can use a third-party app called Copy to SIM Card and use it to copy the contacts to SIM.
How to transfer contacts from SIM to iPhone
- Once you’re done with copying the contacts to SIM, follow the below steps.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Swipe down to Contacts and tap on it.
- Choose Import SIM Contacts.
- Choose the account you want to sync the contacts to.
How do I transfer my contacts from Samsung to iPhone for free?
You can use VCF File method, Move to iOS App, Google Contacts Sync, and SIM Card; all of these methods are free to use.
Can I transfer individual contacts from Android to iOS?
Yes, you have control to transfer individual contacts or selected contacts by using VCF file method.
What is the easiest way to transfer contacts from Samsung to iPhone?
Use Google Contacts to sync Samsung contacts to iPhone. And if you want to move more data from Samsung to iPhone like Photos, Videos, etc. then use Move to iOS App for better results.
How many contacts can I store on my Google account?
You can store up to 25,000 contacts in Google Account.
How many contacts can I store on my iCloud account?
The maximum limit to store contacts in iCloud Account is 50,000.
- How to Move/Sync/Transfer Google Contacts to iPhone?
- Best Fast Power Banks for Samsung Devices?
- Best Wireless Chargers for Samsung Devices?