Of course, Google Assistant is very helpful and improved compared to the previous version. Google Assistant is the only recommended supportive assistant when it comes to Android smartphones. Though with such great functionality, users are annoyed by Google Assistant and want to disable Google Assistant on Android Phones. The most common reason I have heard is, while unlocking the device, the Google Assistant launches automatically without activating it. However, it happens because we press the start button unknowingly.
Since you are facing similar issues with Google Assistant as mentioned above, then you would probably be looking forward to disabling it. If you want to disable Google Assistant completely on Samsung S10 and S10 Plus, then follow the guide stepwise or read over to turn off Google Assistant on Samsung S10 and S10 Plus partially.
How to Disable Google Assistant Voice on Samsung S20, S10, Note 10
How to Completely Disable Google Assistant on Samsung
- Launch the Google App on your Samsung device.
- Tap More tab.
- Go to the Settings of the Google App, by tapping on three dots.
- Tap Google Assistant.
- Under Assistant, locate Phone and select it.
- Toggle Off the Google Assistant.
How to Partially Disable Google Assistant on Galaxy S20, S10
While if you don’t want to turn off the Google Assistant completely on your Android phone, then try this and tweak certain settings on your phone. With this method, the Google Assistant will partially disable on your Samsung S10 and S10 Plus. You can do it by visiting the settings app on your device. Head over to do it,
- Navigate to the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and tap Apps.
- Tap Default apps on the upper-right corner.
- Go to the Device Assistance app or you might have to tap on Settings gear next to the Device assistance app.
- Tap Voice Match.
- Now you can change the settings as per your requirements.
Remove Google Assistant from Samsung Phone
Going through below stepwise guide will disable Google Assistance from the Samsung phone entirely.
- Go to Settings App.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap three dots.
- Select the Default apps option.
- Hit Assist app or Device assistance.
- Tap Device assistance app.
- Choose None.
That’s It! You have successfully disabled the Google Assistant on Samsung. In case you would like to revert the settings and enable the Google Assistant on Samsung S10, S20 Ultra, and S10 Plus, then follow the same tutorial and toggle it on.
- How to Disable Bixby on your Galaxy S10
- How to Stop Computerized Messages on Android Phone [2020 Updated Article]
- Best Galaxy S10 Cases in 2020
- Best Apps to Learn DIYs in 2020 for iPhone and Android