Everyone’s way of using their smartphone is different, some people keep their device just the way Samsung has given and some gadget freaks used to customize the device. Today, in this article we’ll show you one of the best ways to personalize your Note 10, S10, S9 and other Samsung devices. Previously, we don’t have any privileged to change the default apps, all the Android phones were set to follow the same rules and regulations. But now, the time has changed, it is possible to change the default messaging app on Samsung Note 10, S10, S9 and other Android phones in a snap.
The steps to change the default Messaging app on Android varies from company to company, so we are here to bring up the stepwise guide on how to set Google Messages as default on Samsung phones as well as how to change the default Messaging app to any other app on your device.
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Apps on One UI 2
- How to Block Incoming Calls and Text Messages on Samsung Note 10, Note 10Plus
- Best Samsung Note 10Plus Tripod
- Best USB-C Flash Drives for Samsung Phones to Expand Storage
Change Default Messaging App on Samsung Note 10, S10, S9
From here you can learn how to change the default messaging app on Android to Google Messages, Facebook Messenger or any other messaging services.
How to Set Google Messages as Default on Note 10Plus, Note 10, S10Plus, S10, S9
Before setting Google Messages as default, you must look at how to use RCS Messages on Samsung. One more thing to remind you, have you downloaded the Google Messages App on your device? If no, then tap on the link and install it and proceed with the following instructions.
- Pull down the notification and tap on Settings.
- Tap on Apps.
- On the upper-right corner, hit the three-dot menu to expand options.
- Choose Default apps and then tap Messaging apps.
- Now, select Google Messages, and tap Yes to confirm.
How to Change Default Messages App to any other Messaging app on Samsung
If you are looking to change the default messaging app to Facebook Messenger or Truecaller or any other third-party text messaging app, then here’s how it can be done.
- Open the Settings app > Apps.
- Tap on the three-dot option at the top-right side.
- Tap Default apps.
- Hit Messaging apps.
- Now, select the Messaging Service that you would like to replace with the default Messages App of Samsung Phone.
How to Remove Truecaller as Default Messaging App on Samsung
It seems like Truecaller is been harassing Android users with its extraordinary service. So if you want to disable Truecaller messaging or remove Truecaller as the default messaging app on S10, Note 10, S9, then follow these steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Apps.
- Tap Default apps.
- Tap Messaging apps.
- Select alternative Messaging app such as Google Messages, Samsung’s Default Messaging App, Facebook Messenger, or any other except Truecaller.