Slack is one of the best ways to communicate with your team, do chats, share files, and much more, and indeed preferred to be used on computers. Since Gen Z’s running towards mobile, Slack also has a mobile app that works the same and keeps you connected with co-workers all the time. A great initiative for developers to seamlessly coordinate with the team while not on the workstation.
Unfortunately, Slack App has its own perks, sometimes it doesn’t work as a computer app, but we have you covered. If you’re dealing with Slack not working on Android or iPhone, this tutorial is for you; read the solutions and get Slack fixed.
- 1 Fix Slack Not Working on iPhone, iPad, Android
- 1.1 Check Slack Server Status
- 1.2 Turn Off VPN
- 1.3 Update Slack
- 1.4 Update Device
- 1.5 Clear Cache and Data (Only Android)
- 1.6 Delete and Reinstall Slack App
- 1.7 Report Issue to Slack
- 1.8 Does Slack work on iPhone?
- 1.9 How do I reset Slack on my iPhone?
- 1.10 Is Slack currently down?
- 1.11 Why is my Slack not loading new messages?
- 1.12 Why is my Slack offline?
Fix Slack Not Working on iPhone, iPad, Android
Check Slack Server Status
Before going elsewhere, it is extremely recommended to check the Slack Server Status; it should be up and running to be operational and respond to your actions. You may face Slack messages not showing up, Slack threads not loading, and many problems due to Slack Server Outages.
Force Close Slack and Restart Device
If Slack Server is up and operational, but slack is still not working on Android or iPhone, try closing the app and reboot the device. Bring the App Switcher, force close the Slack App, and then force restart the iPhone/Android as mentioned below.
Force Restart iPhone (iPhone with Face ID):
- Press and quickly release Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo displays.
Force Restart Android:
- Press and hold the Power button until Power Options appears, and select the Power Off option.
Turn Off VPN
Slack Not Loading? Often apps are developed in a way not to work with VPN apps because people try to use the apps even if app is not allowed to use in that region. Make sure VPN is disabled, and then try accessing Slack.
Did you check the Slack App version? Did you check for updates? It might be possible that the current version of Slack App won’t be compatible with the iOS or Android versions. In that case, make sure the Slack App is updated with the latest available version.
- To update Slack App on iPhone, visit App Store > Tap on your profile icon > Find and Update Slack App.
- To update Slack App on Android, visit Google Play > search Slack and Update it.
Apple and Google roll out security and stability updates regularly. Update the device to eliminate the compatibility issues between Slack App and the device’s operating system to fix Slack workspace not showing up on phone.
- To update your iPhone, open Settings app > General > Software Update.
- To update Android, open Settings app > search Software Update and Download the updates.
Clear Cache and Data (Only Android)
Android allows to deletion of the cache and data of the app and system. Over time, apps and systems generate cache and data files to fasten up the app. However, the same cache and data files get corrupt and cause multiple problems like Slack not working on mobile data, Slack not working on Wi-Fi, etc. Here’s how to delete Slack App Cache and Data on Android.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Go to Apps.
- Find and tap on Slack App.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear cache and Clear data.
Delete and Reinstall Slack App
Apple won’t allow deleting the app cache and data; the only thing left for you to delete and reinstall is the Slack App. This is also applicable for Android users; if Slack is still not responding and not working, reinstall it. Removing old data files and starting fresh might fix the problem.
Report Issue to Slack
Take the problem to Slack Developers. Still, if nothing helps you fix Slack not working on iPhone, iPad, Samsung, or Android phones, it’s about time to report the issue to Slack Developers directly.
Does Slack work on iPhone?
Yes, download the Slack app on your iPhone and sign in with credentials.
How do I reset Slack on my iPhone?
In iPhone, you cannot reset Slack, but deleting and reinstalling Slack does the same.
Is Slack currently down?
Visit the Slack Server Status website to check the Slack status.
Why is my Slack not loading new messages?
Ensure you’re connected to the Internet to receive new messages on Slack.
Why is my Slack offline?
Check internet connectivity and Slack server status if Slack is offline.