Table of Contents Show
Besides security patches, Samsung also periodically rolls out One UI and Android updates to introduce new features and fix existing bugs. While not all the updates are good, especially the major Android Updates, are highly unstable in the first stage. If you’re facing issues and Samsung S23 Ultra is stuck on software updates, continue to read this article to get the system working.
We’ve mentioned a potential workaround to fix Samsung stuck on the software update screen, and hopefully, it will resume the updates on Samsung.
Fix Samsung S23 Ultra, S23, S23 Plus Stuck on Software Update
How to Manually Update your Samsung S23 Ultra, S23 Plus, S23
Out of the box, the Samsung S23, S23 Plus, S23 Ultra comes enabled with automatic updates, meaning when the device is fulfilling the pre-requisite conditions and a new update is received, it will automatically download the software update and will ask you to schedule the time to install the update.
Stable Wi-Fi Network, more than 50% battery, and Enough Storage to download the software update; under these conditions, auto-update works. Though, here’s how to manually check for updates.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Swipe down to the end, and select Software Update.
- Select Check for updates.
- Download and install Software update; if the system is already running the latest software, it will be mentioned there.
How to Update Samsung using Smart Switch
Alternatively, Samsung Smart Switch can be used to update the device. It’s Samsung’s own platform focused mainly on transferring data from iPhone to Samsung and any Android to Samsung. But the PC version of Smart Switch also helps your device to update the system. Let’s use the Smart Switch to update the Samsung S23, S23 Ultra, and S23 Plus.
- Download Samsung Smart Switch App on your PC.
- Connect the phone to PC via the original USB-C cable.
- Open Smart Switch App on your PC.
- If asked, download the drivers.
- Smart Switch will automatically search for the updates, and if available, it will notify you.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install updates.
Did you try restarting the phone? If not, then press and hold the Volume Up button and Power button until the Samsung logo appears. This is the simplest yet most effective workaround for dealing with software bugs and stabilizing the operating system. Try it once, and after restarting, download the software update.
Wipe cache partition
This will delete the cache files of the phone; all the personal data is safe and won’t be deleted with this solution.
- Connect the Samsung S23 to PC via USB-C Cable.
- Power Off the phone, press and hold the power button and select the Power Off option.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- Navigate to the Wipe cache partition using the volume down button and press the Power button to initiate the process.
- Allow some time for to system to complete the process and reboot the system.
Contact Samsung Support
Last but not the least, connect with Samsung Support Team; they will help you fix Samsung S23 Ultra stuck on update screen. Either connect via Chat/Phone/Email or visit the nearest Samsung Service Centre.