Table of Contents Show
- What to do If My iPhone Keeps Dropping Calls?
- 1. Restart iPhone
- 2. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
- 3. Update iOS
- 4. Remove and re-insert SIM Card
- 5. Update your Carrier Settings on your iPhone
- 6. Reset iPhone Networks Settings
- 7. Disable Silence Unknown Callers Feature
- 8. Turn Off Call Forwarding
- 9. Check Time and Date Automatically
- 10. Enable Caller ID
- 11. Contact Your Carrier
- Final Thought!
Your iPhone keeps dropping calls due to poor network coverage, outdated OS, automatic switch to Wi-Fi calling, or hardware problems. Because of these issues, you might unknowingly miss out in-between business and family calls, which is frustrating.
Various reasons may cause your iPhone call to drop. But fuss not. We’ll walk through some of the practical solutions to fix it.
What to do If My iPhone Keeps Dropping Calls?
In most of the cases, users found it low signal strength. If your current location or apartment has poor network reception, try moving to a different location or move out of the building and make a call. If it doesn’t work, consider turning on Wi-Fi calling as a temporary solution.
1. Restart iPhone
When your iPhone calls drop, restarting your device is the initial workaround you should try. Trust me; it’s an effective solution. For this, press either Volume Button .and Power Button until you see the power off slider. Drag the slider to turn it off. Then turn it again.
2. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
You can also resolve the issue by putting the iPhone in Airplane mode for a few seconds. Go to the Settings App, and enable Airplane Mode. Wait for 30 seconds, and turn it off.
3. Update iOS
Apple frequently launches updates to resolve issues and to keep your device in shape. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install. Follow on-screen instructions to finish the procedure.
4. Remove and re-insert SIM Card
If your iPhone doesn’t have a physical SIM, ignore this workaround.
If the SIM isn’t accurately inserted, damaged, or malfunctioning, it can cause an iPhone issue. Removing and re-inserting the SIM correctly can fix it.
5. Update your Carrier Settings on your iPhone
The carrier frequently introduces updates that ensure calls, texts, and cellular data function appropriately. To resolve the problem, follow the steps below to ensure your iPhone has the latest carrier settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit General.
- Select About.
- If an update is available, the screen will prompt you to update. Tap on Update.
6. Reset iPhone Networks Settings
Remember, this method will not affect your data. Instead, you have to re-configure Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, and other network feature.
- Go to Settings.
- Hit on General > Transfer & Reset iPhone
- Choose Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Jot down the password for further confirmation.
7. Disable Silence Unknown Callers Feature
This aspect aims to silence the unknown incoming calls which aren’t saved in iPhone contact. It’s a helpful aspect. But some users found turning it off has fixed calls dropping issue on iPhone.
- Access the Settings, swipe down, and select Phone.
- Tap on Silence Unknown Callers. And turn it off.
8. Turn Off Call Forwarding
Call forwarding is on to go feature, but if the call drops frequently, consider turning off the feature. Head to Settings > Phone > Call Forward and disable it.
9. Check Time and Date Automatically
Many aspects depend on the Date and Time, especially the network related. So it’s necessary to ensure that the device date and time are correct.
- Go to the Settings.
- Choose General.
- Hit on Date & Time and toggle to enable Set Automatically.
10. Enable Caller ID
Another must-try solution to get rid of call-related issues is turning the Caller ID on. For this, navigate to the Settings App > Phone > Show My Called ID and toggle it on.
11. Contact Your Carrier
If none of the solutions doesn’t work, then it’s time to contact the carrier. The expert team can help you to diagnose the problem and accordingly offer a solution.
- AT&T: 1-(800)-331-0500
- T-Mobile: 1-(877)-453-1304
- Verizon: 1-(800)-922-0204
- Sprint: 1-(888)-211-4727
- Virgin Mobile: 1-(888)-322-1122
- US Cellular: 1-(888)-944-9400
- MetroPCS: 1-(888)-863-8768
The tips mentioned above might have helped you to resolve call drop issue on iPhone 14 Pro. If you need help, feel free to contact us, and if you have any additional tip not covered in this troubleshooting guide, drop them in the below comment box.