Table of Contents Show
- Fix Google Stadia Not Working On My Phone
For the first time, Google has revealed a controller that offers 4K gaming and streaming abilities. Whether it is PS4 Controller or Xbox Controller or Stadia Controller, you can pair to the compatible Android phones to enjoy a variety of games on the phone. The Google Stadia can be paired with the Chromecast, PC as well as the mobile phones, this article is all about how to fix Stadia connection issues and how to connect Stadia to phone. There are certain basic requirements you should look before pairing the Stadia to the phone, otherwise, you’ll end up with connection errors.
We have tried to cover as much information that you should know before connecting the Stadia controller to the phone and few solutions if you can’t connect Stadia controller to Android phone. Let’s begin.
Fix Google Stadia Not Working On My Phone
Requirements to Use Stadia on Android Phones:
- The phone must be updated to Android 6.0 or later
- Charge the Stadia controller
- Check the compatible device’s list
Google Stadia Compatible Android Devices
Stadia is designed to work with high-end smartphones, if Stadia is not working with your phone, make sure you’ve the Android phone compatible with Google Stadia from the below list.
- Google Pixel 4/4XL
- Google Pixel 3/3XL
- Google Pixel 3a/3a XL
- Google Pixel 2/2XL
- Samsung Galaxy S20/S20 Plus/S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus/Note 10/Note 10 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus/Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus/S8 Active/Note 8
- OnePlus 8/8 Pro
- OnePlus 7/7 Pro/7 Pro 5G
- OnePlus 7T/7T Pro/7T Pro 5G
- OnePlus 6/6T
- OnePlus 5/5T
- Asus ROG Phone
- Asus ROG Phone II
- Razer Phone
- Razer Phone II
How to Connect Stadia Controller to Android
You’ve two options to connect the Stadia controller to Android phones: Wirelessly and Wired. Either of the methods needs the Stadia app installed on the phone. Download the Stadia App on your respective device and go through the process. Besides, if you choose Wired connection, then you’ll need USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Download the Stadia App from Google Play.
- Once the Stadia app is installed, open it.
- By default, it will open the Home tab, where you have to tap on the Controller symbol.
- The Stadia App will start searching nearby Stadia Controller.
- To turn on Stadia Controller, press and hold the Stadia button until you feel the vibration and see backlight.
- Connect the Stadia controller to the phone using USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Launch the Stadia app on the phone.
- Wait until the Stadia app detects the controller.
- Within a few moments, it will be ready for gaming.
Stadia Controller Not Connecting to Phone
If you can’t connect Stadia controller to Android phone or Stadia controller showing connection error, troubleshoot the phone and controller to avoid such problems.
After trying each solution, try to pair the controller to the phone as we have shown above.
Update the Phone
Stadia controller always works with the latest software version of the phone. If you haven’t updated yet, or any pending update available, then update it.
From the Settings app, search the Software updates and install any pending update available.
Reboot the Phone
It’s a pretty common suggestion because restarting the phone fixes many minor issues. Likewise, we will recommend you to do it again. Press and hold the Power button and tap Restart.
Update the Stadia App
Just like any other apps, Google Stadia also sends updated to include the latest features, and fix the bugs. Open the Google Play and update the Google Stadia app. Normally, many people already use the auto-update feature over Wi-Fi, though, verify it.
Reset Network Settings
This will reset the network connections and settings of the device. So, if the fault lies on the phone, then it will definitely help to fix the connection issues of Stadia controller, and also connecting/disconnecting problems too.
Reset Stadia Controller
Alternatively, reset the stadia controller and start connecting again.
Press and hold the Google Assistant and Capture button at the same time, the controller will vibrate to indicate that it has been reset.