Normally when you download apps from Google Play Store, the pop-up will arise showing the common Google Play Store error 497. This error invokes while updating and downloading the apps. Problems apart, we have best workarounds that will help you to get rid of Samsung Galaxy S10 not downloading apps and Samsung S10 not updating apps.
Head over to learn how to fix Samsung S10 not downloading apps.
Solution 1: Force Restart Samsung S10
When you perform Force Reboot on Samsung S10, all the background applications and process will get shut down. Along with minor glitches that are causing issues like Samsung S10 not downloading apps will get fixed. To do so,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button and release until you feel the vibration.
Solution 2: Clear Cache and Data of Play Store
Apparently, the Cache and Data files are very necessary as they boost up the performance of Samsung S10. However, at some time you have to clear the cache of a particular app if it starts to malfunction and provokes multiple controversies. There is nothing to worry, follow the below steps to Clear Cache and Data of Play Store in Samsung S10.
Clear Cache of Play Store
- Open the Settings
- Go to Apps.
- Locate the Google Play Store.
- Tap Storage.
- Select Clear Cache.
Clear Data of Play Store
- Navigate to Settings
- Scroll down and tap Device Care.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clean Now.
Solution 3: Reset Network Settings
Still, Apps won’t install on Samsung S10? We have got you one more solution that will help you to fix the problem. When you Reset Network Settings in Samsung S10, the network related settings, Wi-Fi passwords, VPNs, etc. will get cleared. This is how you can do it,
- Tap on the Apps menu.
- Find and open Settings
- Select General Management.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- Tap Reset Settings.
- Enter the PIN, and confirm Reset Network Settings.
Solution 4: Remove and add Google Account
This solution sounds funny, but in some cases, it works and you might fix Samsung S10 not downloading apps from Play Store or Play Store not working in Samsung S10. Once you disassociate the Google Account from your device and adding again will gently refresh the Samsung S10. Try this,
Remove Google Account from Samsung S10
- Launch the Settings
- Select Accounts and backup.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap on Google Account. If you have multiple accounts then remove one by one.
- Hit Remove Account.
- Give confirmation and Remove Account from Samsung S10.
Add Google Account in Samsung S10
- Follow the Steps 1-3 from the above procedure.
- Tap Add Account.
- Select Google.
- Type the Gmail address then tap Next.
- Enter the password and tap Next.
- Agree on Terms & Conditions and choose Language.
- Tap Accept.
Solution 5: Perform Factory Reset
Unluckily after trying all the above solutions, you are unable to fix Samsung S10 not installing apps from Google Play Store. We have one more option, that will clean each and every single file stored in your device. If you are willing to perform a master reset in Samsung S10, kindly take backup and then only proceed further to prevent data loss.
- Shut down the Samsung S10.
- Hold down the Bixby and Volume button and Power button.
- When you see the Android logo on screen, release all the buttons.
- Now, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset using the Power button, and by navigating using Volume Down button.
- Again navigate using Volume Down button and when you reach Yes-delete all user data, press Power button.
- Once the master reset is completed, you have to press the Power button when you see Reboot System Now.