The apps edge displays the five most frequently used apps. Similarly, tasks on the edge display speed thing up for you. You can add shortcuts or function to enjoy your device more, such as taking selfies, creating new calendar events or sending text events.
The edge panel works when the device in standby mode. To use edge screen features slide your finger along the edge display to view the information you need such as news and weather forecast. Edge lighting works when you receive calls or notification. The edge lighting can be customizable for up to 5 contacts, while notification or calls from other contacts will appear in natural bright light.
How you can fix edge lighting on Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus?
The first thing to make sure is the edge lighting feature turned on your device is turned on,
1) Go to the Settings app.
2) Scroll down to Display and then tap Edge Screen.
3) Press the switch at the top of the screen to enable it
4) Under the show Edge Lighting tab, make sure the Always is selected.
If edge lighting is on the next step is to make it visible,
1) Go back to the Edge Lighting menu from the setting-display-edge screen
2) Scroll down to the Advance Settings and open it.
3) On the slider for width or transparency, you can change colour and preview it right away
Try to turn off “keep the screen turned off” as it might cause conflict to edge lighting,
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Display and find the option “Keep Screen Turned Off”.
- Make sure it is Disabled.
How you can customize edge lighting on Samsung s10?
You assign a different colour to contacts up to 5 contacts. For customizing it,
- Launch the Settings app and tap Display.
- Find the Edge Display Option.
- Tap on the Advanced Settings Option.
- Then select Color to assign.
You may like,